De addiction centre in madurai : Decide to make change :- For many people struggling with addiction , the toughest step towards recovery is the very first one : recognizing that you have a problem and deciding to make a change. It's normal to feel un-certain about whether you're ready to make a change, or if you have what it takes to quit. If you're addicted to a prescription drug, you may be concerned about how you're going to find an alternate ways to treat a medical condition. It's okey to feel torn. Committing to sobrity involves changing many things, including:-
1. The way to deal with stress.
2. Who you allow in your life.
3. What you do in your free time.
4. How you think about yourself.
5. The prescription and over the counter medications you take.
It's also normal to feel conflicted about giving up your drug of choice, even when you know it's causing problems in your life. Recovery requires time, motivation and support, but by making a commitment to change, you can overcome your addiction and regain control of your life.
1. Keep track of your drug use, including when and how much you use. This will give you a better sense of the rolethe addiction is playing in your life.
2. List thepros and cons of quitting, as well as the costs and benefits of continuing your drug use.
3. Consider the things that are important to you, such as your partner, your kids, your pets, your career or your health. How does your drug use affect those things?
4. Ask someone you trust about their feelings on your drug use.
5. Ask yourself if there's anything preventing you from changing. What could help you make the change?